Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Reflection Resurrection

The reflection of the moon on the snow.
The reflection of the sunset on the water.
The reflection of the lights in my mirror.
The reflection of the mountains in my heart.
The reflection of the circus under my eyes, where dancing bears and elephants with funny hats have made their home without a ring master to reign them in.

Maybe I was looking without seeing, believing without feeling, seeing the goal but not really caring about the path. Maybe I have fallen into the trap. The "real world" trap that everyone tells you about, yet no one can explain. I was both lured and pushed. Lured by the paycheck, and pushed because of responsibilities and boredom. Thus becomes my life- working to live, living to work? I guess. Or I should say I guessed. Things will change now. There are bridges to be crossed.

Maybe I lost hope.

Maybe I lost reason.

Maybe I lost fear.

Whatever it was, I do not know and I cannot explain or understand.
I just know that suddenly I found myself in a hole. Looking out and I could see nothing but my own reflection.
It was time for a crash, I suppose. The high doesn't last forever. I know that.

But I had to remember words of wisdom that were once shared with me.

"Is the high worth the crashing?"
Yes. This particular high was worth the crashing. It was worth the reflection it gave me. It was worth the resurrection it gave me.

Resurrection for my soul.
Resurrection for my mind.
Resurrection for my purpose.
Resurrection for my goal.

Overcome by grace. and love. and peace.

Look into your reflection today and see if there is some resurrection that needs to happen.

with hope,
-A

1 comment: