Monday, December 7, 2009

motivation


it just so happens that i have some of the very best friends ever.


Friday night was the best night I have had in a VERRRRRY long time.

looking forward to friday was what got me through last week and what will get my through this week coming up.


Friday was the Emery, August Burns Red, and Underoath concert.


Underoath is basically my favorite band ever. They were fabulous and I loved it so much. I had sooooooo much fun. The mosh pit was fun, even though i came out bruised I had the best time of my life. I felt like i was being me.


I was celebrating on friday 6 months of self restraint.

6 months seems like so long, yet it has flown by.

What better way to celebrate the story God has given me to share, than by going to a concert of my favorite band with my best friends.


Renee from To Write Love On Her Arms has a book called Purpose for the Pain.

In it are journals from the healing process for her. She talks about going to concerts and having people love her. At this concert I felt like Renee in a sense.


I was with two of my very, very best friends (Joe and Joey).

Some girls who inspire me (Elizabeth and Kimmy).

Some guys who I am getting to know better who both have awesome stories (David and Marc).

And Joe's siblings who are fun to be around (Jonathan and Jonas).


I could not have had more fun. I felt so loved and so happy to be able to celebrate this milestone with these friends of mine. Topping it off with Emery and Underoath was just almost too much. I was beaming as underoath starting singing some of the songs that have gotten me through the hardest time.


I am so glad I got to go. That concert is going to get me through the semester.

I love underoath.

I love my friends.

I love God.

I love the way this healing process is going.

I still hate school though...

But with all of the other things, I can make it through school alive.


No comments:

Post a Comment