Sunday, February 7, 2010

:: cord of three strands ::

Ecclesiastes 4:12b
"A cord of three strands is not quickly broken"

i love to make friendship bracelets.
they remind me of people or places or times in my life that meant something to me.
two of the bracelets i wear every day i have had on for about a year and eight months. almost two years. each day they remind me of Romania and my heart for the orphans and my heart to do ministry there.

today i think i will start three new bracelets with the same colors to represent two of my very best friends and myself. we just struggled through a really difficult situation, but God has given each of us a peace or contentment about this and about our friendship.

although sometimes these bracelets i wear have to withstand rough weather (sleeping, showering, catching on things, little kids playing with them, etc.) they still are strong and they have stayed on. my bracelet made of plastic broke. but the two i have on that are made of string have not broken. they are not quickly broken. this is a great representation of my friendship with these two amazing people. although we have just undergone a major trial for our friendship, a little bit of rough weather, we can stay strong.


we are like a cord of three strands. we are not easily broken.

No comments:

Post a Comment