Saturday, March 12, 2011

Day Four: Earnestly I Seek Thee

First, I must state that Donald Miller is sooooo brilliant!!!
Second, I must also state that Aaron Gillespie has an amazing voice!!

I am currently reading "A Million Miles in a Thousand Years" and it is FANTASTIC.
And I absolutely cannot turn off "Anthem Song" it has been on repeat almost since I bought it the other day.

So over the past few years I have been so encouraged by the stories of those around me and those who have become my heroes. Where people come from, where they have been in their lives, their journeys are so encouraging to me and I love stories. Donald Miller in this book paints a picture of what exactly 'story' is and how it breaks down. It makes everything that I have learned about 'story' in the last two years of my life fit into a box about the size of an iPod shuffle. This book is blowing my mind and I am not even half way through it yet. It makes me wonder about my story and what it would look like if my story were going to be documented.

The other day I also purchased the new Aaron Gillespie album "Anthem Song" which you can and should buy on iTunes. IT IS SO AMAZING!!!!! One of the songs is called "Earnestly I Seek Thee"

The lyrics are amazing and it makes me think about my life and how I desire to earnestly seek God with everything that I am. I want my story to reflect that I earnestly seek God. If you have not checked out either of them you need to do both (or at least one of them)!

I want to challenge you to ask yourself today, how earnestly are you seeking God and how are you letting your story affect the lives of the people around you. Live an exciting story and seek God with everything you have within you!!

Hebrews 11:6
"And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him."

-A

1 comment:

  1. Miller's book: AMAZING. I will NEVER forget the impactful words he shared.

    ReplyDelete