Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Day Seven/Eight: Living Colorful- Black to White

Black: Today has been a strange day for me. Yesterday was a tough day. I have so many thoughts in my head sometimes they crowd all around and I can't think straight. I can't remember why I want to know the answer, or sometimes I think of the answer and can't remember the question or why it was important.

Red: Well, when I got home from work last night I decided it would be a good idea to take some vitamins. Many people came into the store today who were sick and I don't want to be sick. So vitamins sounded like the best option. Well... I took a B12 vitamin, not really remembering why I have them in the first place. HAH! Let me tell you, about 15 minutes after I took it, I knew I made a mistake. I was bouncing off the walls. I was dancing around my house, with the music up loud. Then I decided to make coffee.

Orange: B12 + Coffee at midnight, when you live by yourself in a small town... this was my second mistake. HAHA! While drinking the coffee I was reading my Bible, when suddenly it hit me. My house is naked!! The walls are basically bare, and they remind me of the walls at Grace before they were painted. They remind me of the walls in the dorms on move in day before anyone has arrived. They are boring. It is not like "home." So what did I do?

Yellow: At one o'clock this morning I decided to get in my car, drive to the local grocery store to purchase construction paper that was much too expensive. (Almost $5 for only 40 sheet), but I NEEDED to decorate. So I found all of my crayons and markers and tape and some stickers. It was Craft time!

Green: As I sat going through some of my favorite verses and saying, writing them down, cutting them out, I was quite content. I have always been a night owl so being up at 2:30 in the morning rocking out to David Crowder having craft time was not anything out of the ordinary for me. It actually felt totally normal. It reminded me of late nights at the Rec getting stuff ready for Playground... or the night before cheerleading tryouts when my Mom and whoever I happened to be trying out with that year and myself would MAKE our tryout outfits... Or spending time with my beautiful roommates coloring and talking into the wee hours of the night.

Blue: These memories left me feeling lonely though. Because they are so much in my past. I have so many things to look forward to but nothing that I can be sure of. The memories made this old house feel a little colder. a little emptier. a little bigger than it did when I was Orange.

Indigo: When I was tired of crafting and feeling too lonely to go on, I began to read. I began to read the words of someone smarter than myself with so much insight. It made me think a little without really having to think at all. If that even makes any sense. I read until almost four in the morning when I was finally tired.

Violet: Sleep. I slept so well last night that I woke up feeling more refreshed today than I have in a long time. I rested. Maybe it was because I was doing something fun before I went to sleep. Maybe it was because my energy boost crashed. Maybe it was because I fell asleep dreaming about how I can live a better story.

White: Awake. I woke to a lovely phone call from my dad at the crack of 12:45 p.m. I started to look at my day differently. When something is WHITE you can paint whatever colors on it you would like. You can create new colors. You can find new strokes. You can see what you have already done and paint over it to create something new if you want. But the option is there. It is yours to have and to hold and to seize and to create. You were born to create. It is a journey to create this masterpiece. I am positive the Mona Lisa wasn't perfect with the first strokes of the brush. Why should ours be perfect either.

My painting is no where near finished. I can't wait to see the result, but I sure am enjoying the journey. What colors did you experience today?

No comments:

Post a Comment