Thursday, March 17, 2011

Day Nine: Whimsy

"But he wanted to answer my question, so he thought about it and said he didn't think we should be afraid to embrace whimsy." --Donald Miller, A Million Miles in a Thousand Years


What is whimsy? And how do I live a story filled with more of it? Reading this book has been amazingly challenging. I don't really even know how to put into words the way it is making me feel besides excited to find and live a life worth retelling. I don't want my story or my life to fade into the darkness. I want to do something, I want to be somebody. I want to move for something important. I want to be radical. I want to live a story filled with whimsy.

But something is holding me back?

The something can change from day to day, but I think I am willing to risk it, to overcome whatever the something happens to be on any particular day and live out this idea of whimsy.

But once again... what is whimsy?

"He said it's that nagging idea that life could be magical; it could be special if we were only willing to take a few risks."


Right now I am not living whimsy. I am living routine and boring. Something that is sooooo NOT me. I find it difficult to live this lifestyle.

I can see point A (where I am now) and I can see point B (where I want to be), but the bridge is covered in fog and I am not quite sure how to get there yet. Hmmm....

No comments:

Post a Comment