Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Day One: In need of Resoration

My soul is very deeply in need of restoration. It is broken and hurting at this moment in my life. Some days I don’t even remember why it hurts. I can wear a smile because it is easy, but I know that it may not always be genuine. Over the next 40 days (the Lenten season) I will be taking a break from Facebook, seeking more time with God, diving hard into the Word of God, finding his promises for me again. Feel free to follow me on this journey. I hope to blog every day about my experiences. Since it is the first day I decided to write myself a letter that I can look back on at the end of this time and remember where I was when I started.

Dear Amanda,

Today you have decided to give up facebook for Lent. This is something that at this moment in your life you need very badly. Right now your relationship with God sucks. You are not the same person that you have been. You are sad a lot, lonely, and bored. It is my prayer that this time for you is more than just a facebook fast, but instead a time of rest in your Savior. Use this time to reconnect with your Maker, the one who has created you uniquely for this time and this purpose. Enjoy this time. Let Him lead you into the desert and woo you. Let Jesus take your heart. You are captivating when you are “on” but when you aren’t you know that there are more things that you can be doing to look like Jesus to those around you, but you don’t care. Your words have been unkind lately, you are harboring bitterness and unforgiveness in your heart that should not be there. You need to be intentional. Read way too many books. Love the way Christ loved. Change your heart.

Right now your soul is in a desert place. You have found yourself in another hurt place, brought on by someone who is not worth your time. Now is your time to focus on the only one who can collect your hearts pieces and draw them to him for a purpose.

The song playing right now say this:
“Lord I give you my heart, I give you my soul, I live for you alone
Every breath that I take, every moment I’m awake, Lord have your way in me”

Find comfort in your Savior dear girl.

“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.” Matt 11:28-30

It is my prayer that the next 40 day journey will have you resting in Jesus and learning from Him what it means to love people, share with people, and lead people.

Much love, your pre-lent self.

1 comment: